Environmental issues and the current law governing environmental management have gained increasing importance in recent years.
Knowledge of how the law impacts upon farmers, landowners and those that have rights over land is crucial to developing and maintaining effective land management schemes so that the environment is not degraded. In addition, it is important to ensure that practices over land are compliant with the appropriate requirements of the regulatory bodies that oversee land management in England and Wales. We have built up considerable knowledge and practical expertise in the application of environmental law and effective liaison with numerous regulatory bodies. We can assist you with the following:
- Environmental Schemes and their implementation
- Classification Schemes and their applicability, including Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs), Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs) and Nitrate Vulnerable Zones
- Discussion and negotiation with Public Bodies, including Natural England and DEFRA
- Environmental considerations upon a transfer of land
- Issues with contaminated land and liaising with banks to satisfy any concerns they may have
- Environmental considerations in the Planning process and dealing with Local Authorities