Our specialist legal team provides the highest level of service when buying or selling your house. Contact our offices in Lancaster or Kirkby Lonsdale today to find out more about how we can help you with your next move.
At Oglethorpe Sturton & Gillibrand we promise we will:
- Guide you through all the stages of the buying or selling process
- Explain the legal jargon and complexities in plain English
- Use modern technology to progress your transaction efficiently
- Keep you fully informed of each step as it happens
- Provide competitive fee quotations with no hidden fees or charges
- Let you know about all costs such as Stamp Duty Land Tax, registration fees and searches up front
What is Conveyancing?
Conveyancing is the legal process of buying and selling houses. This is often involves a mortgage with a bank or building society.
Choosing your conveyancer should never be based solely on price. You should consider the service and expertise that will give you peace of mind.
When you buy a house you make an enormous investment, probably the biggest you will ever make. It is our responsibility to ensure that the house buying process goes smoothly and on time. Careless conveyancing can catch you out when you come to sell your house in the future. Any defects or problems with the title to your property will come to light and could cause long delays and additional costs.
Selling a house is also a big decision and you need to ensure the legal process is done correctly and efficiently.
What makes us different?
All of our conveyancing is carried out by fully qualified solicitors and legal executives. We are proud to be part of the Conveyancing Quality Scheme (known as CQS) which means that we meet the highest standards set by the Law Society.
Unlike some conveyancing providers, we will keep in close contact with you. You will deal with and speak directly to our qualified and experienced legal advisers from start to finish. We also offer the legal expertise to deal with properties involving a complex issues.
We understand that timing is everything. We are proactive and do everything we can to avoid delays.
We have exceptional and longstanding relationships with estate agents and banks in the Lancaster and South Cumbria region. We are on the panel for most of the national banks and lending institutions meaning that we can deal with all aspects of your house buying and selling without delay or additional cost
Our Specialist Legal Services
- Buying and selling your house
- Mortgages and financing through banks and building societies
- Buy to let purchases and sales
- House exchanges and part exchange
- Leasehold and freehold property
- Declarations of Trust
- Leasehold enfranchisement
- Remortgaging and refinancing
- Equity release and transfer
- Retirement properties
- Help to Buy and shared ownership schemes
Property Investors and Development
For property investors large or small, we also have expertise in the areas of Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreements and all other property rental arrangements. We are happy to advise landlords or tenants on their tenancy agreements. See our Landlord and Tenant specialists for more information.
Our commercial property team are experts in residential development schemes including site procurement, management company set up and plot sales.
We will happily discuss your requirements free of charge in order to provide you with a quote. Contact us today.