These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed. There may be circumstances where we will advise immediate insolvency proceedings against the debtor and we will quote separately for the costs.
||Our Fee (inc. VAT)
|Up to £5,000
||Up to £185.00
|Up to £5,001 – £10,000
|£10,001 – £50,000
||5% value of the claim
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
- A default judgment will include an award of fixed costs and the Court fee.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation.
- Undertaking appropriate searches.
- Sending a Letter before Action.
- Receiving payment and sending on to you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim.
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the Court to enter judgment in default.
- When judgment in default is received, write to the other side to request payment.
- If payment is not received, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs.
Matters usually take about 10 weeks from receipt of instructions. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of judgment in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve; if payment is received at an earlier stage, the fee will be reduced.