A divorce or relationship breakdown can be a very stressful, emotional and difficult time. Often there are children involved and the financial consequences of divorce or relationship breakdown can often be complicated. It is important that you seek the assistance and advice of an experienced family solicitor you can trust who will be able to advise you fully on the matter and guide you through a potentially stressful and difficult time and help you find the outcome you require.
There is only one ground for divorce in England & Wales and that is that the marriage has broken down irretrievably. In order to prove this at least one of the following five facts must be shown:-
- That your spouse has committed adultery and you find it intolerable to continue to live with them;
- That your spouse has behaved in such a way that you cannot reasonably be expected to continue living with them. This is commonly know as unreasonable behaviour;
- That you have been separated for a period of 2 years and both parties consent to the divorce;
- That parties have been separated for a continuous period of at least 5 years or more whether or not your spouse agrees with the divorce;
- That your spouse has deserted you for a period of 2 years or more.
Why choose us?
Our highly experienced and qualified family solicitors can advise and support you on all the issues concerning divorce and relationship breakdown.
We offer an initial fixed fee consultation with one of our family solicitors which will last for at least 1 hour and is followed up by a detailed letter of advice tailored to your specific case. The fixed fee for this initial consultation is only £240 including VAT.
We also offer a fixed fee for divorce for a straightforward, uncontested divorce. Please contact us for details.